EU+US 99 Artifact Power

kidney

Legend
What is the best way to get artifact power? Is it possible to get a gold dragon spell on your artifact?

• Do every single Quest in all 4 Zones.
  • Loot every single treasure in all 4 Zones.
  • Kill every single Rare in all 4 Zones (they don't always drop AP though).
  • Do the random Daily Dungeon on a 110 every single day for a chance at the BoA AP Token.
  • Try and loot the Chest inside each Dungeon you do (the Group may not always want to do it, and it's almost always guarded so tough to get to solo).
  • Mass AOE farm Mobs in any of the 4 Zones in hopes of getting the +75 AP BoP Token to drop.
Yes you can get to (1) of the 'Power Ups' in your Artifact Weapon of choice. You will likely not get to a 2nd though. 13 Ranks is the "Soft Cap" and most of us figure over the duration of Legion 98/99's will be capable of 15-16 Ranks total.

EDIT: While this should be a no brainer, DO NOT Quest/Grind in Legions Zones until you are 99, even though you can at 98. You will run the risk of getting a World Epic based off of Character Level 98 instead of your Twinked 99 Level.

Last edited:
after completing all the nonrepeating guaranteed sources, what artifact level can we get?
If you were unlucky during all 4 Zones and got none of the 75 AP Tokens, you'd have 10 or 11 Ranks. If you got decently lucky 11 or 12. It's going to take a fair grind to hit 13 and a tremendous grind to get any higher.

What is the best way to get artifact power? Is it possible to get a gold dragon spell on your artifact?

Your questions have been answered above.

A little more on aquiring the AP tokens Boon of the companion, I think the chance of getting Shattered Satchel of Cooperation (wich can contain said tokens) is higher when playing tank or healer.

When farming the chests these 2 toys are of great help, you might want to get them first. Rocfeather Skyhorn Kite and Emerald Winds work together nicely and come as close to flying as you can get right now.

To give you some perspective on the amounts needed; after the 6500 AP needed to get to 13 the amount of AP needed goes up vastly (next step to 14 is 6840 AP). To get to 16, for example, you will need 33.450 AP total.

Also you might not want to go for the gold dragon spell straight away depending on your class. This and this could help out a bit in planning.

Last edited:
ok somebody explain to me why 99 is so much more popular than 109? seems weird especially considering the fact that both brackets have to farm legion content for months.

also can 99 twinks defeat 109 levelers and twinks in world pvp?

ok somebody explain to me why 99 is so much more popular than 109? seems weird especially considering the fact that both brackets have to farm legion content for months.

99 is higher stat increase in bgs than any in 100-109 bracket and 101 is probably going to be better than 109

Most people in bgs at 90-99 do not have an artifact weapon meaning some classes can become very powerful

101 twinks seem best for wPVP. Was afking in Goldshire when lvl 108 druid came to gank low lvls. But what he did not expect was this 101 twink rogue in average gear. He jumped on him, he destroyed him in like 2 sec.

Awesome thanks for the info. I'm an rdruid so casting tranquil on the move is freaking nuts plus 20% more. So i have to get a dragon spell. I messed up and went the wrong way for one point and I'm wondering of that's gonna screw me over in the end.

Awesome thanks for the info. I'm an rdruid so casting tranquil on the move is freaking nuts plus 20% more. So i have to get a dragon spell. I messed up and went the wrong way for one point and I'm wondering of that's gonna screw me over in the end.

it shouldn't screw you up, i had at least 1 point left over after getting my golden spell on my fmage. I guess it depends on how long the path is.

It costs 625 for a 0/3 then the dragon spell. Would it be worth it to page a gm and ask for help or am I uderstanding this wrong?

If I'm only out the cost of the mess up spell that's fine, but if it's gonna change dragon from 6k cost to 14 or something then that's different

It costs 625 for a 0/3 then the dragon spell. Would it be worth it to page a gm and ask for help or am I uderstanding this wrong?

If I'm only out the cost of the mess up spell that's fine, but if it's gonna change dragon from 6k cost to 14 or something then that's different
use the wowhead artifact talent calculator to find out if you can still reach it. im not sure if 99s can reset artifact, but if you can, you will want to reset it early cos it costs more to reset it later

World epics

Any round about norm for how much these generally sell for? I know it differs from realm to realm, but i picked up a 746 level 99 ring with a socket today for 30K... i dont much care that it was 30k, just dont want to repeat over-paying looking for more.

edit- i mean as in i just dont see em, so i dont know how much is too much...

use the wowhead artifact talent calculator to find out if you can still reach it. im not sure if 99s can reset artifact, but if you can, you will want to reset it early cos it costs more to reset it later
Yes 98/99's can in fact reset their Artifact Power. You need at least how much AP the NEXT Rank costs to 'Respec' and you DON'T LOSE ANY AP doing so.

@Warglaive I got the Ring my 99 DH has for 20K but I'm seeing as an average (I check multiple Realms daily) about 30K. Here's the thing, DO NOT purchase the World Epics for Chest, Gloves, Belt, Legs because you will get those from the end Zone Quest. Those do get listed though so be aware.

EDIT: If you like to switch up between (2) different power ups, and/or diff paths on your Artifact Weapon keep in mind to do so means you will have to sacrifice getting that last Rank because you will forever have to "bank" that much AP in order to Respec whenever you want.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread