EU+US 98/99 Legion Info

Aelobin

DK Twink (80 / 85 / 101)
Spent all night questing on a 99 DH to test what's available on live for 98/99 twinks. This data is based on level 99 so not sure if it'll be the same for 98s.

Quest rewards: ilvl 680 / 684 / 688 greens (can proc +10 rare / +20 epic?) and ilvl 690 / 694 / 698 blues (can proc +10 epic?)
Rare spawns: ilvl 690 blues, chance for 700 epic. There's a crap ton of them in each zone but they drop nothing if the item isn't for your class.
Dungeon drops: ilvl 695 blues.
End of zone quests: ilvl 800 blue chest/legs/hands/belt (not sure if they can proc epic).
Artifacts: Can obtain one artifact with 2 relic slots (highest I've seen so far is +4 ilvls per relic). Got 1010 artifact power after completing 1 zone but still have plenty of hidden chests to loot.

So "best in slot" will be:
- Artifact weapons (ilvl 758?)
- 4 ilvl 800s from end of zone quests
- 3 ilvl 715 WoD crafted items
- Any lucky ilvl 698-708s from quests/rares (a few quests also give 698s by default)
- 695s from dungeons

Demon Hunters can also use the ilvl 700 helm from the end of the starting area if it procs epic.

Last edited:
Spent all night questing on a 99 DH to test what's available on live for 98/99 twinks. This data is based on level 99 so not sure if it'll be the same for 98s.

So "best in slot" will be:
- Artifact weapons (ilvl 758?)

The artifact relics from quests that are blue ilevel 698 can proc to epic 708 which makes them +6 ilevels each, so BiS weapons is ilevel 762.

So far I'm up to 702, no luck with Epics yet but got some more 700/690's and the Artifact Weapons ofc. I've gotten (2) Green Relics as drops, can't use them yet and they're +2 iLvL. Vengeance DH is stupidly OP on the Broken Isles. So far there's nothing that can even tickle me except the 110 Elites at the bottom of some cavern in Highmountain, and I was holding my own til a 2nd showed up and splat. Granted I used the Void Trinket to drop him by a whopping 8-10% before I died.

Currently 723 on my Havoc DH with 50% crit, 33% haste, 24% mastery, 2% vers, 500k hp and 5.9k agi - those stats feel like the old 80 twinks with 409s! Did a few dungeons and the DPS is insane with CDs up, roughly 30-60k single target and 100-150k aoe - usually out-dpsing the higher lvls in the group.

Just got Highmountain left to go but probably need to sleep soon. Had one 704 epic and three 700 epics (one was a useless trinket though). Still need to get the crafted BoEs but wasn't planning on keeping this character at first since I didn't get the helm from the DH starting area. Also got a +6 relic but haven't equipped it yet.

Currently 723 on my Havoc DH with 50% crit, 33% haste, 24% mastery, 2% vers, 500k hp and 5.9k agi - those stats feel like the old 80 twinks with 409s! Did a few dungeons and the DPS is insane with CDs up, roughly 30-60k single target and 100-150k aoe - usually out-dpsing the higher lvls in the group.

Just got Highmountain left to go but probably need to sleep soon. Had one 704 epic and three 700 epics (one was a useless trinket though). Still need to get the crafted BoEs but wasn't planning on keeping this character at first since I didn't get the helm from the DH starting area. Also got a +6 relic but haven't equipped it yet.
Are you EU? Because damn, I'm not even done with JUST Highmountain (first zone I went to for the 2 "Flying" Toys) and I've been on since the moment NA went Live. Also, 723 is vn, I'm actually surprised someone would get that high once Blizz decided to retract their statement that WoD (3) limit wasn't being removed.

Also, how far have you gotten on your Artifact Weapon? I'm about to unlock the 300 AP Passive just from doing ~30% of Highmountain.

Aye, I've been playing since EU launch. Haven't got the 800 gloves yet so that should be another ~8 ilvls, plus some from the crafted items and maybe I'll find a few more upgrades in this zone :)

Bought 6 traits on my artifact (not counting the 2 free ones you get at the start). Can nearly afford 1 more and then I'll be able to unlock one of the elite ones.

So if you had to wager, do you think with regular Grinding of Mobs a few hours/wk (for the low low AP drop rate) and regular Daily Normal Dungeon for it's AP + the Bosses within, maxing our one Artifact Weapon's Power should take what, 6-8 months?

730 item level after Highmountain (god I hate that zone) but still no BoE items yet. Also got 3 ilvl 694s that could be upgraded to 695 dungeon gear. Stats: 556k hp / 6.3k agi / 50% crit / 24% haste / 28% mastery / 2% vers / 760 artifact with +6 and +4 relics and reached the "Rage of the Illidari" elite trait. Often doing 50%+ of the damage in new dungeons and that doesn't account for the health scaling of bosses based on level :p

Also got a sneaky idea to get a huge boost in power but need to test it first.

No idea how long it will take to farm artifact power through dungeons etc. Still need to find out how much you get from opening all the chests in every zone (that'll take a while).

Level 98 has different item levels to level 99:
- Dungeon gear is 675 instead of 695
- Quest blues start at 670 instead of 680

Haven't tested anything else but I'm guessing it's a consistent 10-20 ilvl drop, so it won't be worth going 98 for better secondary stat scaling (0.0122% per crit at 98 vs 0.0105% per crit at 99).

So if you had to wager, do you think with regular Grinding of Mobs a few hours/wk (for the low low AP drop rate) and regular Daily Normal Dungeon for it's AP + the Bosses within, maxing our one Artifact Weapon's Power should take what, 6-8 months?

What mobs have a chance to drop Arf power?

Things I've learned:
-you should always choose the quest rewards other than chest, gloves, belt, and legs because the ilevel 800 pieces will always be better!
-you can get the quests for the ilevel 800s without doing all of the chapters in at least Azsuna (not sure about other zones)! As long as you follow/know the main quest, you can skip a lot of the fillers until later (I was only 3/5 when I got the Eye of Azshara quest).

Also, I'm currently having a bug on my 99 where I can't queue for Legion dungeons because the game thinks I don't have my artifact - anyone else having this problem? I can zone into dungeons by going to the entrance though.

Things I've learned:
-you should always choose the quest rewards other than chest, gloves, belt, and legs because the ilevel 800 pieces will always be better!
-you can get the quests for the ilevel 800s without doing all of the chapters in at least Azsuna (not sure about other zones)! As long as you follow/know the main quest, you can skip a lot of the fillers until later (I was only 3/5 when I got the Eye of Azshara quest).

Also, I'm currently having a bug on my 99 where I can't queue for Legion dungeons because the game thinks I don't have my artifact - anyone else having this problem? I can zone into dungeons by going to the entrance though.
All mobs have a very low chance to drop not only Relics but direct AP, meaning it's not an item but instead goes directly to your AP. Iirc it was Healvsbabyface that found that out on Beta last week, I'll try and find the video when I'm home later tonight.

Thanks on the 800 iLvL slot tip, that's super helpful, alas it comes AFTER I've already chosen a few Chest pcs and 1 Glove lol.

Ok I found it and it was Towelliee not Healvsbabyface that did the Video a week ago. Here are the various ways you can get AP, some require 110 obviously but many others do not.

Ok I found it and it was Towelliee not Healvsbabyface that did the Video a week ago. Here are the various ways you can get AP, some require 110 obviously but many others do not.

Thanks! To sum up that video, the ways you can get AP at 99 are from random dungeon queue (I'm not able to do this has anyone else been able to?), quests, treasures, rares, literally any Broken Isles mob (can anyone confirm?), and dungeon bosses (also never seen this for anyone below 110 - need someone to confirm).

Users who are viewing this thread