US 90-99 queue times?

Discussion in 'Level 90-99' started by Allybeboba, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Allybeboba

Allybeboba Veteran

I am considering leveling up one of my 8x's to a 99 and making a 99 twink. I would just like to know before I invest the time and gold what the average queue times are like.

If there is a thriving 99 community on BH(H/A), Tich(A) or Stormrage (A) I may even start a fresh toon there.

/cheers

2. Recogs

Recogs Member

99 que's arent the fastest but they still pop. i'd say a avg of about 10min que, if solo quing.

3. Mkreturns

Mkreturns Member

It depends. Alliance is usually around 5 mins. Horde is usually 7-10. Last couple nights I've had instant pops on Horde, though.

4. docturphil

docturphil Member

@Mkreturns is probably going to be the authority on this since he plays both sides as 99s, but when I was horde when I initially created my 99 twink the queue times were absolutely horrid. I'm talking minimum 10 mins and up to 30 min queue times. It's the whole reason I faction changed. Apparently it's not as bad anymore.

5. Dorado

Dorado Member

Just to warn you, the reason alli queues are shorter is because they get their ass beat 90% of the time (in pug vs pug at least). Maybe it depends on time of day too but that's what I've found.

6. docturphil

docturphil Member

Not in my experience. When I'm queuing with other 99 twinks (which I usually do) I win 80% or more of my games. That is of course because a group of twinks makes a huge difference in a BG. Even when queuing solo I still win ~65% of my games. That's probably because even a single 99 twink can make a significant impact.

The simple reality is that the queues are longer for horde because there are more horde players than alliance.

7. Mkreturns

Mkreturns Member

Had a string of long horde queues today in our 5 man.

One thing I've noticed: If the alliance reaches critical mass with twinks and starts steamrolling - the Horde queues are near instant. It's very important we organize some kind of time once a week so a large number of twinks can join and queue at the same time. It's usually an alliance plow or a horde plow.