EU+US 7.1 - Enchants work; explained in-depth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mvq

2016 TC Champion
I bought a monthly sub to make a thread about this because no one else ever does. So please show your appreciation by giving this Thread a 'Like'.'

I'm going to keep this as short as possible because no one wants to spend more than a minute reading this.

-- Enchants Working Explained
All Enchants work however; Off-Stats, such as Versatility, Mastery, Crit, Haste etc. do not work. So, if an enchant gives you +1 stam and +1 vers, this enchant would only give you +1 stam.

Minor Speed on Boots stack with other movement speed buffs, such as Cat Form. However; Minor speed and a stat, such as Pandaren's Steps (Minor Speed +2 Stamina) does indeed give you movement speed and +2 stamina but it doesn't stack with other movement speed buffs.

Also, please keep in mind that a full set of your main Armor Type (i.e Leather for Druid) will give you additional stats and White items such as the ilvl 60 'The Rock' rings still work and are better than Argas rings.

-- Suffix now work; explained
The Stats an item gains from a Suffix now works in the same way Enchants do. So for example, Scouting Trousers of the Eagle gives Scouting Trousers +4 intellect and +4 stamina. Therefor when using these trousers in PvP you'll gain the +4 int and +4 stam.

Thanks for reading.
~Mvq

Last edited:
-- Removal of Twink Merge
Now that Enchants are in effect, the arguement that there is no big difference between Twinks and Levelers holds no value anymore. Therefor, the Merge may be removed as there is no arguement to defend it.
Incorrect, there is in fact a great argument for not re-splitting BG's up, and that's hours long Que times for XPOff BG's, and often times no que at all. Twinks, even without the Gear/Enchant factor, still generally destroy "Levelers" in BG's out of sheer experience and skill. While having some Enchants work again, likely a 7.1 bug that'll be fixed shortly, will make Twinks a little more deadly than non-Twinks, it's still not a massive difference as we're still on the PvP Template System.

-- Removal of Twink Merge
Now that Enchants are in effect, the arguement that there is no big difference between Twinks and Levelers holds no value anymore. Therefor, the Merge may be removed as there is no arguement to defend it.
I'm not sure what is involved in merging and unmerging the brackets but I think it would take another patch to do so. Also Blizzard was forthcoming of information when we were originally separated in patch 3.2 and when we were combined again with Legion. I'm not big on speculation but if they would separate xp on/off again I'm sure they would give a heads up.

This is cool. I hope they don't re-merge tho, we won't get frequent pops for more than three months at most then it'll be dead.

Hopefully it's not just a bug.

No. Confirmed No they did NOT bring back XP off bgs

Where in this Thread did I say that they removed the Merge? I'm failing to understand how anyone would think so

In bgs my heavy silver ring of the owl > the rock in 1 of my ring slots, the other has the rock.

Where in this Thread did I say that they removed the Merge? I'm failing to understand how anyone would think so
I've heard lucas say they're removing the merge in 7.1. That's where my assumption comes from at least.

Incorrect, there is in fact a great argument for not re-splitting BG's up, and that's hours long Que times for XPOff BG's, and often times no que at all.

No that arguement does not work because Blizzard doesn't care about Twinks. All they care about is healthy BGs for Levelers. And a healthy BG for a leveler isn't being stomped by a player who has a decked out toon.

Twinks, even without the Gear/Enchant factor, still generally destroy "Levelers" in BG's out of sheer experience and skill.

If this was the case then Blizzard would never have merged. The reason why Blizzard hasn't done a Merge prior to Legion is that they don't want Twinks to be stomping Levelers.

I highly despise people who argue from ignorance. Please don't do that. >.<

If this was the case then Blizzard would never have merged. The reason why Blizzard hasn't done a Merge prior to Legion is that they don't want Twinks to be stomping Levelers.
They didn't want players with their xp turned off in the same BGs as someone with their xp turned on. It had nothing to do with gear. You could wear BiS gear in xp on BGs or go fully naked in xp off BGs. Neither one were the determining factor in what queue you were in.

What I'm trying to say is if they didn't want twinks to stomp levelers they did a horrible job at it.

They didn't want players with their xp turned off in the same BGs as someone with their xp turned on. It had nothing to do with gear. You could wear BiS gear in xp on BGs or go fully naked in xp off BGs. Neither one were the determining factor in what queue you were in.

Buddy I'm gonna be honest with you, I'm 100% aware that you have no clue about this topic. So I wonder why you're even trying to argue? Again, I can't stand people who argue from ignorance.

Read this: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/16202811071
That thread on the B.net forums is the sole reason that the brackets have been merged. Here's the reason for the merge, and I quote: "The initial reason to separate twinks from nontwinks is that nontwinks were at a disadvantage and couldn't compete with twinks.

Have you done any low level games since the introduction of BOAs?

Today, I can say with factual proof that twinks do not have a single advantage over levelers in BOAs aside from experience. Not grandfathered gear that is now useless, not high powered enchants nor professions. Nothing. There are 0 advantages of having EXP off versus someone who is leveling and has the exact same enchants on the exact same BOAs as those of us with EXP off.

Therefore, I'm factually proving that the initial reasoning behind keeping EXP Off players from EXP On players is no longer valid.
"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread