EU+US 7.1.5 spell changes

SPQR

Legend
Anyone on ptr still? any big changes so far?
know all hunters get freezing trap.

Warlock changes are disturbing. The shadowburn talent has been made to replace conflagrate. Haunt is being put on a 30 second CD vs the 15 second CD on live, but a 10℅ damage done to target is being baked into the spell. Basically they're using the old haunt.

It's been stated by a couple of Blues that the changes aren't final and to keep that in mind, but the fact that this is where the devs started......like the fact that the shadowburn change was even considered tells me that at least a few devs are a couple tacos shy of a combination platter.

It's the usual garbage backed by lies from Blizz. Big surprise right?

"stated by a couple of Blues that the changes aren't final"...which usually are put in anyway, then later it's "woopsie doodle...oh it'll get fixed next hotfix/patch/xpac blah blah..." One thing fixed, 6 or w/e things borked.

Meanwhile bugs, lag, CRZ in cities, cheats/scripters running rampant, shitty cust. service, etc. - and you're playing gimped or OP for months & months again. Reroll, more time, more grind, more profit for Blizz.

Rinse. Repeat, repeat, repeat...

must say getting tired of spell purges every expansion.
JUST LEAVE US ALONE!

HUNTERS:

-All hunters specs now have freezing trap at 20. Beast Mastery, Marksmanship, and Survival.
-Marksmanship's http://www.wowhead.com/spell=185901/marked-shot now increases aimed shot by 100% (up from 50%) and almost all abilities got damage buffs.
-Beast Mastery is pretty much the same
-Survival is pretty much the same

I'm personally excited. With these changes we will see more people playing Beast Mastery and especially Marksmanship since they get freezing. The damage is not bad either. Hopefully this will solve the fotm problem. IDK. Pray

HUNTERS:

-All hunters specs now have freezing trap at 20. Beast Mastery, Marksmanship, and Survival.
-Marksmanship's http://www.wowhead.com/spell=185901/marked-shot now increases aimed shot by 100% (up from 50%) and almost all abilities got damage buffs.

I'm personally excited. With these changes we will see more people playing Beast Mastery and especially Marksmanship since they get freezing. The damage is not bad either. Hopefully this will solve the fotm problem. IDK. Pray

'Splain how SV being the same (actually more OP with FT) "solves the fotm problem"? It doesn't, and has nothing to do with the other 2 hunter specs (which will be near-OP), unless you assume people will suddenly switch to BM or MM from SV.

Why would they if they rolled OP to begin with and are still OP? Maybe they want to play ranged now instead of melee? They would have done that already with another strong ranged class.

'Splain how SV being the same (actually more OP with FT) "solves the fotm problem"? It doesn't, and has nothing to do with the other 2 hunter specs (which will be near-OP), unless you assume people will suddenly switch to BM or MM from SV.

Why would they if they rolled OP to begin with and are still OP? Maybe they want to play ranged now instead of melee? They would have done that already with another strong ranged class.

So you're saying there is absolutely no consideration of people wanting to change specs when the damage gap has been closed? All specs are equal in utility now as well. TBH, Beast Mastery and Marksmanship hunters are hard-counters to survival. If the ranged hunter is decent enough, the most a survival hunter can do is just get off two throwing axes and will die before they get that third charge up. (Harpoon would get countered by disengage). Ik alot of hunters that hate the play style of survival and always prefer to have the traditional bow or gun.

So you're saying there is absolutely no consideration of people wanting to change specs when the damage gap has been closed? All specs are equal in utility now as well. TBH, Beast Mastery and Marksmanship hunters are hard-counters to survival. If the ranged hunter is decent enough, the most a survival hunter can do is just get off two throwing axes and will die before they get that third charge up. (Harpoon would get countered by disengage). Ik alot of hunters that hate the play style of survival and always prefer to have the traditional bow or gun.

I didn't say absolutely no one will change specs, I'm sure some will if the other 2 are as OP as SV. But I doubt the asshats who've rolled SV will want to give it up for something that's less OP...which remains to be seen.

The obvious answer would be to nerf SV not buff the same class to OP for both other specs. It does nothing to solve FotM/OP since you still have 1 OP class compared to all 9 other classes that can play the bracket.

Last edited:
HUNTERS:

I still don't think the changes to Marks will be enough to make it comparable to SV. It will certainly improve it but Marks is still a bit soft in the DPS department. I've been rolling Marks lately so I do welcome the changes, especially the trap. I'll have to get my muscle memory back with the ol' freezing trap ;) Watch out Rogues :p

On the other hand if BM still has the Ag debuff in instanced PvP then it's still going to be the weaker of the Hunter specs.:( Sad as BM has always been my favourite.

If the ranged hunter is decent enough, the most a survival hunter can do is just get off two throwing axes and will die before they get that third charge up. (Harpoon would get countered by disengage).
I still think Surv wins hands down vs any other Hunter class 1 v 1 (in a theoretical 1 v 1 where all CD's are available). Well in 20's at least as ranged hunters no longer have the sprint, but I guess 29's still get the sprint so they possibly have the opportunity to kite the Surv as long as they don't get http://www.wowhead.com/spell=195645/wing-clip after they trinket the http://www.wowhead.com/spell=190925/harpoon. If they don't trinket the 3 sec root it's over for them. If I was a betting man I'd still back Surv to win against other Hunter classes (don't forget they also have the extra health pool).

But, on the bright side, I am looking forward to the trap and the extra DPS!:D

Marks ftw!

Russ-Troll.gif

So are those fishing trinkets gf'd or did u see them as rewards. Wat has been changed?
0 clue. seen video review of 7.1.5 and it being back on calendar there.
Still don't believe any low level was intended to fish in ~lvl30 zone all those years.
Will see if hat&trinkets will be back to us.

Users who are viewing this thread