6 Month Ban for Twinking!

I have to say, this is a rather odd thing to read. Gotta agree with Dodgeyou, Blizzard support has always been rather responsive when I've had similar issues, and have had the situation properly handled within a few business days. The appeal process doesn't really take all that long in my experience.

Of course, it helps when you're calm and understanding going into the process.

I'm going to assume that you weren't intentionally using a script or bot in the game, but if there's any such thing on your system, now would be a great time to get rid of it.

I have to say, this is a rather odd thing to read. Gotta agree with Dodgeyou, Blizzard support has always been rather responsive when I've had similar issues, and have had the situation properly handled within a few business days. The appeal process doesn't really take all that long in my experience.

Of course, it helps when you're calm and understanding going into the process.

I'm going to assume that you weren't intentionally using a script or bot in the game, but if there's any such thing on your system, now would be a great time to get rid of it.

It's been a few days. I'm still suspended. I'm a fairly calm and understanding guy, all things considered. And the situation has not been properly handled. I was not (and never have been) using any bots, scripts or anything that even borders on questionable within the EULA. Blizzard has been the exact opposite of helpful or responsive. edit: in fact, as soon as i get a CS rep on any phone call, once they look at my account their entire demeanor changes. they go from ''what can i do for you?'' to ''cant help sorry'' in no time flat. They see the action against me and its all over, no matter what i say.

@OP, we see here and on the Forums regularly people trying to sway public opinion to their side in some attempt to "prove" to Blizzard they erroneously banned them. If Blizzard, the creators of WoW, said they confirmed you used illegal 3rd part software, then you did, it's as simple as that. You can claim day/night that you don't but they aren't going to just ban folks not doing anything wrong.

A prime example of not banning Players for not doing anything wrong is Prepared. That dude gets reported constantly about PvP'ing with all of his toons at once (multiboxing up to 25 DK's or Shamans) and yet he doesn't get banned. He is using legitimate 3rd party software that isn't against ToS.

Best thing I can say is enjoy the 6 months playing some other MMO and who knows you might find one you like better than WoW, maybe even one that allows you to Gank n00bs constantly seeing as you are so good at PvP ;)

I guess at the end of the day, we click 'accept' to their terms, usually at every major patch. It's hard to argue with, it's their service, their terms, and you have to accept them in order to play.
I do feel for you though, not that it helps you :(. You may have unwittingly picked up some banned bit of software or code from somewhere. Maybe some of the add-ons you have includes some banned code or script or something like that. They more than definitely picked up some banned code for them to slap a 6 month ban.
I'd say try and be patient and nice about it, despite feeling hard done by, and see if they will reveal the issue. That way you may be able to grovel and apologise and see if they lift the ban or reduce it. Either way good luck pal.

@OP, we see here and on the Forums regularly people trying to sway public opinion to their side in some attempt to "prove" to Blizzard they erroneously banned them. If Blizzard, the creators of WoW, said they confirmed you used illegal 3rd part software, then you did, it's as simple as that. You can claim day/night that you don't but they aren't going to just ban folks not doing anything wrong.

A prime example of not banning Players for not doing anything wrong is Prepared. That dude gets reported constantly about PvP'ing with all of his toons at once (multiboxing up to 25 DK's or Shamans) and yet he doesn't get banned. He is using legitimate 3rd party software that isn't against ToS.

Best thing I can say is enjoy the 6 months playing some other MMO and who knows you might find one you like better than WoW, maybe even one that allows you to Gank n00bs constantly seeing as you are so good at PvP ;)

Not trying to sway public opinion. And if they really did find some 3rd party software, why cant/wont they tell me what it is? Why am I just being stonewalled by customer service?
As for the 6 months playing something else, a bunch of people told me Tera is fun, but I'm skeptical. Maybe now's the time to try it :) And to your ganking noobs point... WoW allows you to gank noobs with reckless abandon... so... thanks?

I guess at the end of the day, we click 'accept' to their terms, usually at every major patch. It's hard to argue with, it's their service, their terms, and you have to accept them in order to play.
I do feel for you though, not that it helps you :(. You may have unwittingly picked up some banned bit of software or code from somewhere. Maybe some of the add-ons you have includes some banned code or script or something like that. They more than definitely picked up some banned code for them to slap a 6 month ban.
I'd say try and be patient and nice about it, despite feeling hard done by, and see if they will reveal the issue. That way you may be able to grovel and apologise and see if they lift the ban or reduce it. Either way good luck pal.

That is true. I guess its possible about the banned code? I feel like if its something one can accidentally ''pick up'' somewhere along the way and it doesn't affect gameplay at all (in that I never noticed it's existence), it probably shouldn't be bannable. But who knows. My addons are boilerplate stuff. ElvUI, dps meter, combat text, battleground targets and passive stuff like Auctioneer and Altoholic.

I'm succeeding in keeping my calm with them so far. I know it isn't the CS rep on the phone's fault. But its getting more and more difficult as they have been... less than helpful.

Ask for agent ID and manager. Doesn't always work, but that typically gets any form of customer support agency to jump on it.

Not trying to sway public opinion. And if they really did find some 3rd party software, why cant/wont they tell me what it is? Why am I just being stonewalled by customer service?
As for the 6 months playing something else, a bunch of people told me Tera is fun, but I'm skeptical. Maybe now's the time to try it :) And to your ganking noobs point... WoW allows you to gank noobs with reckless abandon... so... thanks?
Why CS is stonewalling you is anyone's guess. Most likely it's so Players don't find out exactly how Bans work and use it to 'game the system' so-to-speak. I too find it dubious that CS won't discuss an issue even with the Account holder but it is their game and unfortunately for you and all the rest of us, we did "Agree" to abide by a VERY long legalese wall-o-text (that nobody actually reads lol) so it's hard after the fact to cry wolf.

I had the same problem in ESO. I played from Launch and for a full year until I was perma banned from the Forums and not one person I talked to would give the exact reason for the ban. I lost all interest in that Game when, from my point of view, it seemed as though the Company was a giant, stinking pile of refuse. Maybe you're now at the point I was then and it's just time to move on?

Well i got 3 day for having a character named Blackjesus once.
Do note that we cant confirm jesus was actually white and its hard to believe he was as white as ppl believe he was, considering that part of the world and all that.

It is possible ppl reported you alot and you got sniped eventually.
Regardless of how fun it is to ruin bgs with geared character + pocket heals it is bane to face such ppl.
So karma.
Lmao Jesus is middle eastern...

When all your auto attacks and spells hit, it is clearly a sign of aim botting ..

is it possible ive been banned because im legitimately good at my class?

:^)

They're not telling you the specifics of the ban because they don't have to. Plus your case has been looked at by a handful of people on a number of occasions, and they're all coming back to the same conclusion = You're probably wrong. Claiming ignorance won't work. Beg and grovel, it's the only way.

You could also pay $$$ for them to give you the evidence by filing a Subject access request. https://ico.org.uk/for-organisation...on/principle-6-rights/subject-access-request/. You could request to see the details of the ban, specifically naming the software that they accuse you of using.

Consent to Monitor.
WHEN RUNNING, A GAME MAY MONITOR YOUR COMPUTER'S RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY (RAM) FOR UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAMS RUNNING CONCURRENTLY WITH THE GAME. AN "UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM" AS USED HEREIN SHALL BE DEFINED AS ANY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE PROHIBITED BY SECTION 1(C)(ii) ABOVE. IN THE EVENT THAT THE GAME DETECTS AN UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM, (a) THE GAME MAY COMMUNICATE INFORMATION BACK TO BLIZZARD, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION YOUR ACCOUNT NAME, DETAILS ABOUT THE UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM DETECTED, AND THE TIME AND DATE; AND/OR (B) BLIZZARD MAY EXERCISE ANY OR ALL OF ITS RIGHTS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, WITH OR WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE TO YOU.

You sound douchee from what read in conversation between u and gm.
If you act like they own you something - they prob never gonna help you.
Play dumb with them, it gets you longer way.
hes still allowed his sense of ownership over his account because hes hasn't done anything wrong going by what OP said.

Users who are viewing this thread