EU+US 50,000 artifact power from a single cube.

dirtypaws

Grandfathered
Hi, I have been doing the following method when I finally get a cube. With a quick login and logout I think this can be converted into circa 50,000 artifact power from a single cube (250 artefact per 40 secs in a 120 min buff).
I use a class trial monk to round all the gulls up before I login my twink, maximize the buff duration. Of course it renders the twink unplayable while you have the buff if you just keep parked on the rock.

hm thats nice! i got that cube a month ago and deff went to waste. was trying to figure the best way but i will deff go about doing this.
[doublepost=1524519807,1524519757][/doublepost]
holy shit
where do you get this cube?
its off the Argus daily cache, rare chance though to get it.

holy shit
where do you get this cube?
http://www.wowhead.com/item=153127/cube-of-discovery

The drop rate on the 50AP tokens is not very high, so under normal circumstances it is just a small bonus if you plan to run dungeons for a while or farm for a while on your twink.
[doublepost=1524520406,1524520279][/doublepost]Does something about having two characters make the gulls instant respawn or is this purely to efficiently use the buff?

The monk is there just for the statue, it saves me running around on my DK pulling them all together.

What you can't tell from the video is the 20mins or so between kills. I know the video makes it look instant but sadly it is not, if you kill the gulls too soon after the previous loot you won't get any. The cube buff must have an internal cooldown on looting like the blood of sargeras has.

Any big packs of mobs will work, the important bit is to kill lots and lots before looting and triggering the internal cooldown.

The monk is there just for the statue, it saves me running around on my DK pulling them all together.

What you can't tell from the video is the 20mins or so between kills. I know the video makes it look instant but sadly it is not, if you kill the gulls too soon after the previous loot you won't get any. The cube buff must have an internal cooldown on looting like the blood of sargeras has.

Any big packs of mobs will work, the important bit is to kill lots and lots before looting and triggering the internal cooldown.

Good find, will try this out

Monk pull is only handy if you have a spare account. with 20 sec relog, the statue dies before you can log over

My first big pull I got a lot more of http://www.wowhead.com/item=140227/bloodhunters-quarry

and only 1 AP thing.

Gonna try without shoulder boon enchant next time I pull and see if that corrects it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just over an hour into my buff, looks like i'll get closer to 25K artifact but that's because I set off with smallish bag space (if you factor in the time of applying the drops and deleting or vendoring the trash it can add up quite a lot). Some other good news is this beauty , got equipped right away :)
nXo5o48.jpg

Seems like a great way to farm AP on an alt, but I feel like it wouldn't be so great for a character that you're playing right now.

How long do you have to wait after logging out?
[doublepost=1525098963,1525098811][/doublepost]

It's not rare. It's about a 40% drop chance.

I mean, 40% is relative, I've done at least 20 of those caches and have gotten one. But probably just shit luck on my side I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread