EU+US 20 BiS?

Probably asked and answered somewhere else, but: how are 20s fairing in the bracket? Are f2ps or 20 twinks on par with 29s, as 10s are in 19s bracket?

If so, this might be the f2p dream, finally realized.

10s are OP at the moment because of the versatility, haste and crit bonus to them (can get up to 80% crit or so I think, in instanced BG)

I'm a F2P and so far it seems to be quite fair. But been mostly fighting 23s-26s. Or 20s.

Probably asked and answered somewhere else, but: how are 20s fairing in the bracket? Are f2ps or 20 twinks on par with 29s, as 10s are in 19s bracket?

If so, this might be the f2p dream, finally realized.

Most games as a 20 are fine, does depend on what class you're playing when you run into 29s though. They either forgot to add or cut level scaling in BGs (most likely bugged), so you miss against higher levels again. I haven't run into enough 29s to make it a consistent problem though. A couple games here and there have been rough, like solo queuing into a 29 5 man on mage.

Stat-wise you're at about the same power level, F2Ps on strong classes can straight up carry games in a way that used to cost money.

If scaling is fixed/re-added, it'll definitely be the f2p dream.

Reactions: Srs
Most games as a 20 are fine, does depend on what class you're playing when you run into 29s though. They either forgot to add or cut level scaling in BGs (most likely bugged), so you miss against higher levels again. I haven't run into enough 29s to make it a consistent problem though. A couple games here and there have been rough, like solo queuing into a 29 5 man on mage.

Stat-wise you're at about the same power level, F2Ps on strong classes can straight up carry games in a way that used to cost money.

If scaling is fixed/re-added, it'll definitely be the f2p dream.

No bug on scaling, blizz just removed it from the game after just 1 xpac

No bug on scaling, blizz just removed it from the game after just 1 xpac

Have they actually said that they intended to remove scaling? I thought their intention was to equalize the playing field after increasing the level spread of the brackets.

Their way to "equalize" is to remove stats from gears, gg blizz....

Most games have well balanced stats for PvP..

Bliss removed stats.. indication that they do not have the skill to balance the stats for pvp..

Fail... no standard.... Will forever not to subscribe.....

P2P BiS
Head: Masks sold by Rogue Masks (Rogue Only) / Mist-Piercing Goggles
Neck: Problem Solving Pendant
Shoulder: Faerie Mantle (Alliance Only) (GF'd for non-clothies) / Any ilvl 25 shoulders
Back: Parachute Cloak
Chest: Blue ilvl 28 PvP gear / Je'neu's Robes or Robe of Kelris
Wrists: Blue ilvl 28 PvP gear
Hands: Any ilvl 25 gear
Waist: Gnomish Harm Prevention Belt / Any ilvl 25 gear
Legs: Tuxedo Pants / Haliscan Pantaloons
Feet: Gnomish Rocket Boots or Goblin Rocket Boots
Rings: The Rock x2
Trinkets: Hook of the Master Angler x2 / Alliance or Horde (GF'd currently?) / Arena Grand Master / Any engineer trinkets of high ilvl
F2P BiS
Head: Lucky Fishing Hat
Neck: Brilliant Necklace
Shoulder: Faerie Mantle (Alliance Only) (GF'd for non-clothies) / Any ilvl 25 shoulders
Back: Any ilvl 25 cloak
Hands: ilvl 25 gear
Waist: Any ilvl 25 belt / Brightplate Girdle (Alliance Only)
Legs: Blue ilvl 28 PvP gear / Blackfathom Leggings / Plates of Aku'mai or Thaelrid's Greaves
Feet: Blue ilvl 28 PvP gear
Rings: Argas Rings / Silver Piffeny Band / Hogger's Shiny (Alliance Only)
Trinkets: Hook of the Master Angler x2 / Alliance or Horde (GF'd currently?) / Arena Grand Master

Weapons are more complicated but generally it seems, if you have any melee damage, you want a slow weapon i.e. Crusader Strike does noticeably more damage as Holy using a slow MH. If you can use a wand, use it. For whatever reason wands seem to give more stats.

Last edited:
P2P BiS
Head: Masks sold by Rogue Masks (Rogue Only) / Mist-Piercing Goggles
Neck: Problem Solving Pendant
Back: Parachute Cloak
Hands: Any ilvl 25 gear
Waist: Gnomish Harm Prevention Belt / Any ilvl 25 gear
Legs: Tuxedo Pants / Haliscan Pantaloons
Feet: Gnomish Rocket Boots or Goblin Rocket Boots
Rings: The Rock x2
Trinkets: Hook of the Master Angler x2 / Alliance or Horde (GF'd currently?) / Arena Grand Master / Any engineer trinkets of high ilvl
F2P BiS
Head: Lucky Fishing Hat
Neck: Brilliant Necklace
Back: Any ilvl 25 cloak
Hands: ilvl 25 gear
Waist: Any ilvl 25 belt / Brightplate Girdle (Alliance Only)
Legs: Blue ilvl 28 PvP gear / Blackfathom Leggings / Plates of Aku'mai or Thaelrid's Greaves
Feet: Blue ilvl 28 PvP gear
Rings: Argas Rings / Silver Piffeny Band / Hogger's Shiny (Alliance Only)
Trinkets: Hook of the Master Angler x2 / Alliance or Horde (GF'd currently?) / Arena Grand Master

Weapons are more complicated but generally it seems, if you have any melee damage, you want a slow weapon i.e. Crusader Strike does noticeably more damage as Holy using a slow MH. If you can use a wand, use it. For whatever reason wands seem to give more stats.

You guys may want to look again at the PvP gear coming from crates. At 19, everything scales to 24 and the greens from the crate are 23...but they don't scale up to 24. So if items in the 20-29 bracket are scaling to 34, then those ilvl 28 things may actually be holding you back more than just wearing a random white/green that will scale properly.

Also note the hook of the master angler is temporarily unavailable as the fishing contest is on hold (until legion?).

Their way to "equalize" is to remove stats from gears, gg blizz....

It seems strange to me that they would intentionally make it so that people at the low end of the bracket have a 30% chance to miss people at the high end. Twinking aside, this really messes up PvP for people who are leveling, i.e. paying customers. I feel like this has to be an oversight, but they're so busy with other things that they either haven't noticed it or haven't had a chance to fix it.

It seems strange to me that they would intentionally make it so that people at the low end of the bracket have a 30% chance to miss people at the high end. Twinking aside, this really messes up PvP for people who are leveling, i.e. paying customers. I feel like this has to be an oversight, but they're so busy with other things that they either haven't noticed it or haven't had a chance to fix it.

its not a oversight it was done in the hope of making some F2P's pay for the game.

its not a oversight it was done in the hope of making some F2P's pay for the game.
Tinfoil hats boys.

It's most likely a bug. The same happened for skirmishes early in WoD (lvlx0 vs lvlx9), and they fixed it about a month into the expansion.

I'm hoping they just turned off scaling because they didn't want 100s to be fighting as 109s during prepatch, and it'll be put back in with Legion launch. Those games affect a lot more people than leveling BGs do. I vaguely remember that happening in WoD prepatch with 90s scaling up to 99 for a day or two and people being confused until it was hotfixed.

Weapons are more complicated but generally it seems, if you have any melee damage, you want a slow weapon i.e. Crusader Strike does noticeably more damage as Holy using a slow MH.
I heard more weapon speed is better... So, what's is true?

You guys may want to look again at the PvP gear coming from crates. At 19, everything scales to 24 and the greens from the crate are 23...but they don't scale up to 24. So if items in the 20-29 bracket are scaling to 34, then those ilvl 28 things may actually be holding you back more than just wearing a random white/green that will scale properly.

Also note the hook of the master angler is temporarily unavailable as the fishing contest is on hold (until legion?).
By scale do you mean, it scales up to the base ilvl if you have gear in your slots? For 20s, I believe that ilvl is 25. I'll have to check but so far it seems they're fine.
This makes nosense.

So Blizzard would purposely gimp paying, leveling customers just to get some F2Ps to pay up? That makes no sense, at all.

I heard more weapon speed is better... So, what's is true?
Weapon speed directly increases the damage of my crusader strikes as holy. I don't play any other classes/specs really but I imagine it has similar results with any class that has melee attacks.

Your lucky your not missing more. 19s are almost skulls to you. I think its fine.

Users who are viewing this thread