EU+US 101 Twink?

Lion Seals at Challiane's Terrace in the north of Azsuna for Stonehide Leather
Crabs in Eye of Azshara (dungeon) for Stormscale, if you can solo it

Might want to also consider herbalism, it's very profitable right now. Foxflower in Highmountain, Fjarnskaggl in Stormheim, and Starlight Rose in Suramar if you have a Sky Golem and you're tank spec (or get those LW items to avoid being dismounted).

Thanks man! My DK is r3 stonehide skinning and I LOVE the Lion Seals spot. Server hop ftw.

I think I'll restore my 100 boomy (when eligible) and cap him at 101 and see if he can net more skinning per hour with different spots. :eek:

Do any of you have a recommendation for the most murderous twink at 101 for sheerly farming? I'm liking my blood dk but I hear vengeance dhs are real strong. Also how is world pvp with a 101 vs 110? I haven't had any encounters yet but can we hold our own against them?

4e91HEX.jpg

topkek

109's will be capable of higher iLvL and farther progressed Artifact Weapon.
so if 109s can make better consumables, obtain a higher ilvl and generally be better in instanced pvp, that leaves 101s with what? pve? I'm curious about why people are making 101s instead of 109s...

so if 109s can make better consumables, obtain a higher ilvl and generally be better in instanced pvp, that leaves 101s with what? pve? I'm curious about why people are making 101s instead of 109s...
The PvE aspect for 101's is incredible. I mean solo'ing MUCH of WoD Raids only being 1 Level higher than what those Raids were created for is crazy. Also WPvP, due to secondary Stat scaling.

The PvE aspect for 101's is incredible. I mean solo'ing MUCH of WoD Raids only being 1 Level higher than what those Raids were created for is crazy. Also WPvP, due to secondary Stat scaling.
On top of that: Open World farming is much easier / faster. And boosting people through dungeons (or farming inside) aswell.

Umren made a video about it:

Anyone had any http://www.wowhead.com/currency=1275 drop on their 101s? They seem to be really rare from what I've read in the comments but if we can get 50 of them then we might be able to slowly gear up our 2 champions with http://www.wowhead.com/item=141860

Edit: Also tested taking a 110 Champion out as a bodyguard. It scales down to 101 and doesn't seem to gain XP from killing mobs :(

Last edited:
Anyone had any http://www.wowhead.com/currency=1275 drop on their 101s? They seem to be really rare from what I've read in the comments but if we can get 50 of them then we might be able to slowly gear up our 2 champions with http://www.wowhead.com/item=141860

Edit: Also tested taking a 110 Champion out as a bodyguard. It scales down to 101 and doesn't seem to gain XP from killing mobs :(
While it wasn't on my 101 or 99, I can say the ONLY place I've had any Curious Coins drop was on my 110 from the 2nd Week's WB/WQ. I've done tons of shit in the Sewers and never seen any drop, until that one 3 days ago from this week's WB down by the Wardens. I know for a fact that 99+ can get drops from even 110 Rares (just not scaled down to 99) and this includes Currency but I can't say we'll get anything from the WB's as I kept getting declined for grouping to do it on my 99 lol.

Would anyone be interested in doing Mythic HFC for trinks n stuff? I have a enhance shammy i just started on at 101 too and i really want class trinket.. Class trinket would be INSANE for enhance.
Yes! Yes I would!

Bnet - Infest#1429

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Pinchedemon/simple

My expensive but fun as all get out.

I currently have a hunter with mostly mail gear. I know there's a passive trait where you gain 5% stats if you have all slots filled with mail, but I had equipped a leather wrist slot at 835 as opposed my previously 720 mail wrist. I had gained a significant stam and secondary stat increase, but my agility went down about 150-200. I figured, "well I guess that was the 5%, but worth it though". So I go to the AH to look at the 835 leather chest piece over my 800 mail chest piece, and the stat trade-off just doesn't make any sense to me.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aerie-peak/Creythes/advanced

iwMerq5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So I go to the AH to look at the 835 leather chest piece over my 800 mail chest piece, and the stat trade-off just doesn't make any sense to me.
Why? You only lose the 5% once which you already did. Armor and Stamina shouldn't matter.
1182 Agility > 814 Agility
1257 2nd Stats > 1084 2nd Stats (ofc you have to sim your char to see the real value)
(Prismatic Socket > No Socket (and you can increase your strongest 2nd stat)
Free 3rd Stat > No 3rd Stat)

The trade-off is more than worth it. A 835+ Item even without a socket or a 3rd stat is always stronger than a <=800 Item of your armor class. I wouldn't buy anything else except you can make a great deal on a 850+ item without a bonus.

Why? You only lose the 5% once which you already did. Armor and Stamina shouldn't matter.
1182 Agility > 814 Agility
1257 2nd Stats > 1084 2nd Stats (ofc you have to sim your char to see the real value)
(Prismatic Socket > No Socket (and you can increase your strongest 2nd stat)
Free 3rd Stat > No 3rd Stat)

The trade-off is more than worth it. A 835+ Item even without a socket or a 3rd stat is always stronger than a <=800 Item of your armor class. I wouldn't buy anything else except you can make a great deal on a 850+ item without a bonus.

I'm talking about the trade-off below, where it says "if you replace this item, the following stat changes will occur"

I'm talking about the trade-off below, where it says "if you replace this item, the following stat changes will occur"
I've totally overlooked it. Shame on me.

The tooltip error is explained quite simple: It takes the lowest item level of the proc version. In this case it would be 759. To see what stats an item gives at a specific item level you can use an addon for that.
https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/fake-item-links

In this case the chest would look like this:
T23jVdC.jpg

Well, decided to see how high I could make glacial spike crit on my 101 mage, kind of ridiculous. May make a vdeo of my enhance shaman next.

Tested my 803 mage in frost spec without an art weapon, hits for the same amount (i have the leg ring), but shit, im fire mage nowD: Are frosts mages better than fires? What do you think? Imagine that you have 8k mastery unbuffed (its possible) + mastery trinket from mythics (gives 2850mastery) +4200 mastery(eyasu), + ring. ~ 15 million crits. Omg D:
So the rotation might look like this: Prepot->Hero->rune of power->burstmacro+ring->five frostbolts (average crit:220k)=1.1m x 3 (300% mastery) +44%(legendary ring)+50% rune of power. So we have a total of 7.1m damage stored in our icicles.-> Glacial spike (14.2m if it crits), we spent around 7 seconds for this, but we still have 8 more seconds to repeat the rotation before the ring explodes. So the total damage is: 14.2m x 2= 28.4m + (~1.2m dmg from frostbolts) + ring explosion (~30m - 56% = 13.2m)= 43.2 fuckings millions in 15 seconds. :|

Last edited:
Tested my 803 mage in frost spec without an art weapon, hits for the same amount (i have the leg ring), but shit, im fire mage nowD: Are frosts mages better than fires? What do you think? Imagine that you have 8k mastery unbuffed (its possible) + mastery trinket from mythics (gives 2850mastery) +4200 mastery(eyasu), + ring. ~ 15 million crits. Omg D:
So the rotation might look like this: Prepot->Hero->rune of power->burstmacro+ring->five frostbolts (average crit:220k)=1.1m x 3 (300% mastery) +44%(legendary ring)+50% rune of power. So we have a total of 7.1m damage stored in our icicles.-> Glacial spike (14.2m if it crits), we spent around 7 seconds for this, but we still have 8 more seconds to repeat the rotation before the ring explodes. So the total damage is: 14.2m x 2= 28.4m + (~1.2m dmg from frostbolts) + ring explosion (~30m - 56% = 13.2m)= 43.2 fuckings millions in 15 seconds. :|

That was done with ~6k mastery. You also wont be hitting 220k frostbolts. Granted I'm not using the frost artifact, as I have fires, but that wont increase it by that much. None of the golden traits are very good. This glacial spike crit could be slightly higher though, as alot of my gems/enchants are still crit from fire. The key though is to get all 5 frostbolts to crit, which doesn't always happen, even with sandmans pouch.

That was done with ~6k mastery. You also wont be hitting 220k frostbolts. Granted I'm not using the frost artifact, as I have fires, but that wont increase it by that much. None of the golden traits are very good. This glacial spike crit could be slightly higher though, as alot of my gems/enchants are still crit from fire. The key though is to get all 5 frostbolts to crit, which doesn't always happen, even with sandmans pouch.
don't forget about the trait that increases your frostbolt's crit chance by 15%, im 803 only, and my frostbolt hits for 188k, you will get a huge amount of intellect with higher gear

Users who are viewing this thread