EU+US 101 BOEs - Farm, buy, and other questions

janus408

Grandfathered
I am trying to get started with a 101 twink, but I am having a seriously hard time finding any 101 BOEs that are worth it (high iLevel, or any with Leech). I have a well geared 110 Fury/Prot warrior I can run/farm almost anything on, so is there something you would recommend as far as acquiring the gear myself?

Second, I had been planning on doing a Frost DK - I have a few plate pieces already including the BOE Crafted Legendary belt, but I am seeing so many people talk about how vastly superior Balance Druids are to just about everything else... I am starting to be dissuaded from doing the DK. I have played a Druid to 80 back when it was the cap (but not as Balance), and I played a DK to 85 when it was the cap and I prefer the melee playstyle.

Do any of you have some insight into why the Balance Druid is so superior? Are we talking a few minutes off of clearing dungeons (which I wouldn't mind a slight amount of added time if it meant playing a DK) because the Druid has better mobility and better AOE? Or are there things you can clear on the Druid that you cant manage on the DK?

Thank for the help guys.

Balance Druids are superior in some aspects of the game, mainly Farming.

The reasons why are:

Pulling Power - Moonfire for pulling with 0.9-1sec GCD
AoE - After Moonfire, use Sunfire to hit them all once grouped & instant cast Lunar strike to than use Starfall.
Speed - 15% movement from Feral Affinity + 30% from Cat Form & mount speed with Travel Form.
Range - Balance druids have 45yd casting range compared to 40 for most classes.

Reasons to look at other classes would be Soloing WoD Raids/Mythic Dungeons/Kazzak/No Leech/wPvP

Ok that makes a lot of sense, Balance Druid it is then.

That brings me to the main issue I have though. Gold isn't a problem, but I simply cannot find any 101 BOEs with Leech on it in the AH... If I were stupid enough to think I could farm them, where would you all recommend? PM if you don't want to make it public, I'm just gearing 1 character then will be done.

I don't think farming your own gear is really a viable option. World drop RNG on top of getting the right item RNG on top of decent ilvl/socket/leech RNG = you could be there for weeks if not months.

If there's not a good enough supply on your server then the only options are transfer to another server, or buy tokens on another server and transfer the items back. Both costly solutions I know :(

Also if you're on EU and decide to source your gear from another server, check out the Russian realms - they have a huge supply and many of the high ilvl pieces are a lot cheaper than on English realms.

I am on the US realms so Russian servers aren't an option. This character will be fresh, so I can start him on any server to get gear. Only issue would be moving funds but I might be able to find someone that could.

Since there are so many servers anyone recommend a good place to start looking? I assume whatever server has the highest populations.

Low pop server here, leech is not very common but it is there. Problem is, some dudes are buying all the pieces and listing them for substantial amount. Managed to snipe two pieces, a Treia for 90k and a Serrinne for 14k.

SO I just checked out a vastly more populated server, and I was shocked at how many items are up. Some of the prices are pretty high, but with the sheer quantity of choices I am making the move.

Next question. How much Leech for a Balance Druid do you recommend. % wise, but more importantly pure stat number. Like is 2k leech fine or overkill?

I am seeing 2.2k leech is about 27%... The less leech I need, the cheaper it will be, which is more gold I can use to put into higher iLevel pieces.

Last edited:
First, you can NEVER have too much Leech. That said, Leech almost always costs far more than no Tertiary or even Avoidance/Speed. While Avoidance isn't as valuable as Leech, it might be worth getting 1 item with it and 1 item with Speed. Blizz added heavy DR to Speed above 110% in 7.0 so going more than a single item doesn't net you near the bonus the first piece did.

The number one thing you want for all Legion BoE's is a Socket. If you can obtain 14/14 with Sockets, get 1 item with Speed/Avoidance and a mix of the rest with Leech you will be nigh invincible.

Users who are viewing this thread