100-109 Twink Gear options

DeLindsay

10s4Lyf
TL;DR at bottom

**Legion information, thus is subject to change before it's Live**

As we don't have a Forum for this Bracket yet I figured I'd post this here. For anyone wishing to Twink between 100-109 you have some good news. So far in Beta the iLvL for Craftables is just barely lower than Mythic Raid, about 5 points lower at roughly 875 iLvL.

Each Profession item has 6 Levels of upgrade starting at iLvL 800 and increasing to 875. In contrast, Legendaries (which require Level 110, not 100) are 895 iLvL in Beta. There's also the 200K Gold Legion-Dalaran Ring that is 865 as well. To put this simply, if you have a SHIT TON of Gold you could have your Level 100's in roughly 110 Heroic/Mythic Raid Gear equivalent before you even complete one Quest. Yes I know the chances of that are nil as you'd have to already be maxed Prof and have gobs of Mats, but semantics.

If you follow Oldbess or Asmongold on Youtube (both great btw) you will get a very good idea of how Beta is coming along and what to expect in Legion. HERE'S a link to the Video where Oldbess talks about Legion gear. Not everything for Legion on Wowhead has a tag for Heroic/Mythic yet so it's just bare iLvL's with us left to discern which is which.

This also means (if it's true) that Level 100 is exactly the same as Level 109 in terms of gear with the only exception being the Artifact weapon, which by itself could make a large difference. There are ofc the issue of less Abilities, but that doesn't stop Players from Twinking Level 1 or 10 or 60, etc, instead of x9.

___________________________________________________​

• Ring (101+): 865 iLvL [purchased from Sminx Glasseye at JC Hut in Dalaran]
  • Crafted Gear (full set, 100?): 875 iLvL at 6/6 upgrade [no Legion (3) like WoD]
  • Heroic Dungeon (110): 825+ iLvL
  • LFR (110): 835 iLvL
  • Mythic Dungeon (110): 840+ iLvL
  • Normal Raid/World Bosses (110): 850+ iLvL
  • Heroic Raid (110): est 865+ iLvL
  • Mythic Raid (110): est 880+ iLvL
  • Legendary (110): 895 iLvL [unk if these can proc a higher iLvL]

Last edited:
wowhead says crafted ilvl 800+ gear have a level 110 requirement. is that correct or can we actually equip it before 110? the crafted ilvl 700 ones require level 101 but thats not twink gear

In the video he talks about the 800 base and the 875 6/6 Crafted Gear as level 100 (but the TT shows 110). Keep in mind this is all Beta info and Wowhead's database isn't remotely complete yet. WoD's Crafted Gear now reaches 715 and soon it's (3) limit will be removed so I don't see any reason not to trust what Oldbess found on Beta. Also WoD's Crafted Gear is available at 91, so I could also see Blizz having Legion's variants available at 101, but surely not 110.

Last edited:
Edited a few sentences to reflect the Tool Tip in the video of Beta and Wowhead's database saying the Crafted items require 110, even though Oldbess mentions that they are equipable at 100, not just 110. If the entire Crafting Gear selection (Epics that are upgradeable to 6/6) end up being a Level 110 only affair that will certainly be disappointing to say the least. After all, Blizz themselves stated that in Legion they wanted to make Crafting feel important again, and if we could equip a full set of Crafted 875's (at extreme cost) I'd call that very important indeed.

i wanted to make a post about it but im too lazy
there is also a possibility of WoD capped players to obtain artefact weapons, if there is still 10 days tiral ofc
in WoD trial, the only limitation we had was XP capped to 1 point before 91, pretty much everything else was available

the way battlechest + trial works is letting people taste a bit of the expansion, and then pushing people into upgrading their account
we could probably obtain the weapons right at lvl 100, but traits upgrade must be done in class hall which can only be accessed with 10 days trial, just like WoD content

if level 100s can equip full 875s, they might be stronger than level 110s cos of combat rating %s, well at least stat wise. max artifact skills, and also the miss chance vs higher levels might make 110s stronger

Users who are viewing this thread