EU+US 100-109 Soloing & PvE thread

Here we go again: https://www.twitch.tv/Aelobin

Time to bang my head against Imperator mythic some more on my 101 DK. Upgraded my vers ring from 850 to 875 and decided to try 870 cloth shoulders and 860 leather wrists. Hopefully that'll be enough to make up the missing 5% :)

Update: Mythic Imperator down! Only just though :D

Update 2: Mythic Gruul at 12% on first attempt, that's one hell of a surprise! Might actually be killable :eek:

Update 3: Mythic Gruul down (during the enrage lol)

Update 4: And Mythic Beastlord down on 2nd pull too! :p

Last edited:
Done a super serious run of Highmaul Normal 10 on my huntard.
I'd say I had the most trouble with Tectus because he didn't die very quickly. I'd say the most fun boss was Ko'ragh because he did die quickly.
Excuse the poor editing of the video, I just don't care.

Done a super serious run of Highmaul Normal 10 on my huntard.
I'd say I had the most trouble with Tectus because he didn't die very quickly. I'd say the most fun boss was Ko'ragh because he did die quickly.
Excuse the poor editing of the video, I just don't care.
10/10 choice of music, better love story than Twilight

@Aelobin Since survivability really isn't an issue for your DK, out of curiosity, once/if you can get him up to the ~870 range do you think the added DPS will make more Bosses doable?
I doubt it will make much difference tbh. I could only solo those mythic bosses as they have generous enrage timers - the rest would require nearly double my current DPS which 857 to 870 wouldn't provide.

Although I'm invincible in most situations, there are some mechanics that can make it a challenge to survive:
- Healing reduction/absorption mechanics
- Ramping up debuffs that can't be reset
- Large spikes of damage intended for raid soaking
- Enrages or failed DPS checks

So, I finally decided to go to Draenor and see what solo raiding there is like as a mage. Went to Highmaul und tried 10 Normal. Didn't expect anything, don't know the bosses well and hoped to maybe kill 1 boss or so. I'm a mage, I'm squishy as hell and run into mana problems quite fast.

These are my results:

Arcane Mage - 815|769|15 /w 15% Leech
Kargath Bladefist - down
The Butcher - down
Tectus - down
Brackenspore - down
Twin Ogron - down
Ko'ragh - down
Imperator Mar'gok - down
Highmaul 10 Normal - clear

*wow* Didn't see that coming. Went way better than what I thought.

Main post updated! I should really start doing it more often so it's not a mammoth task when I finally get around to it x_x

Nice to see some more class colours in the raid solo's :) Hopefully Highmaul is only the beginning, onto Blackrock Foundry next!

All pandaria Raids on 10 normal clear.
Mogu'Shan Vaults - 10 Heroic - clear
Heart of Fear - 10 Heroic - clear
Terrace of Endless Spring - 10 Heroic - clear
Siege of Orgrimmar - 10 Heroic - clear
Skyreach - Mythic - clear

Forgot to do Throne of Thunder somehow. Will do it next week then.

Next goals: Clearing Pandaria on 25 Heroic. Setting my foot into every Draenor Raid. Will be exciting.

Last edited:
For anything that's difficult to survive, Blood DK wins. For anything that requires high dps, BM hunter wins.

I've solo'ed most of HFC heroic on both classes and for the most part, it felt easier on the hunter just because of how fast things died. Having a pet tank means you can solo Zakuun (otherwise he resets) and it doesn't matter if your tank dies (which it does a lot due to high boss damage) as you can ress it within ~2 secs (which isn't the case if you ARE the tank!). Hunter's can also use the Mirror of the Blademaster trinket which is required for soloing Archimonde, to prevent him resetting when you get sent to the nether.

There's a lot I solo'ed on my Blood DK that I probably couldn't do on my hunter though, like Tectus mythic or Blackhand heroic, just because of the high damage you have to heal through.
Since I don't remember the tread you posted about the 3m hp telling you here. I'm 60k away from 4m on my druid, pain to find 875+ socket on my server. But 1 more piece/ artifact level should do it :) been playing my warrior a lot so I haven't done the grind for my 17th trait on the druid yet but I think that's all I'll need :)

Since I don't remember the tread you posted about the 3m hp telling you here. I'm 60k away from 4m on my druid, pain to find 875+ socket on my server. But 1 more piece/ artifact level should do it :) been playing my warrior a lot so I haven't done the grind for my 17th trait on the druid yet but I think that's all I'll need :)
Have you flown all over the 4 Legion Zones (sub 110 ones) and gathered 100% of the Treasures/killed 100% of the Rares? With the change in how much the base AP is for those since 7.1-ish, that could give you a less grindy option to hit 17.

Have you flown all over the 4 Legion Zones (sub 110 ones) and gathered 100% of the Treasures/killed 100% of the Rares? With the change in how much the base AP is for those since 7.1-ish, that could give you a less grindy option to hit 17.
That I have not :) since I don't have flying but do have those boots it shouldn't be too hard

Arcane Mage - 817|769|15 /w 9% Leech
Mogu'shan Vaults - 25 Heroic - clear
Terrace of Endless Spring - 25 Heroic - clear

I've done all the usual stuff as blood offspec so I'll start trying stuff as frost. I murdered Kaz in no time, let's see how far I get starting with normal WoD raids...

Auchindoun--Mythic
Bloodmaul Slag Mines--Mythic
Grimrail depot--Mythic
Iron Docks--Mythic
The Everbloom--Mythic
Upper Blackrock Spire--Mythic

Seige of Org--3/14 Stuck on Sha. I can't get sha down to 30% fast enough. I get to about 45% before I get banished. I'm thinking I need one more artifact trait to solo. I'm going to try with actually buffs (flask/pots/etc) tonight.

I'm doing all these with my rogue.

Seige of Org--3/14 Stuck on Sha. I can't get sha down to 30% fast enough. I get to about 45% before I get banished. I'm thinking I need one more artifact trait to solo. I'm going to try with actually buffs (flask/pots/etc) tonight.

I'm doing all these with my rogue.
I can't remember the exact number but I want to say you need somewhere north of 140K sustained DPS (Bursting in the beginning upwards of ~290K) to push him past where he will banish Players in order to solo kill him.

There was a video on Youtube back in WoD of a Hunter Soloing him with the approx numbers I listed above. Bear in mind he BARELY got him down.

Users who are viewing this thread